I confess

12:45

My ongoing confessions to a not so perfect life:


I finished work early last week ... and I went shopping. On. My. Own!
Yep, instead of heading straight home to see the boys like I usually do, I decided to be selfish and call in to the local complex for a browse.
This was motivated in part by the disastrous outcome of finishing early and racing home the week before - the one where the boys sat at my feet and screamed and carried on because they hadn't napped and mummy was home to torture.


I was that mum with the screaming toddler trailing after her at the park over the weekend... E had an epic meltdown and wouldn't come with me while I tried to remove him from the scene so I did what I remember my mother doing to me and walked off and of course he chased me down screaming (told you I was becoming my mother).


I'm addicted to Kmart's new homewares - like the rest of Australia. You can't beat the price point for fun pieces to decorate and I so far have the copper baskets for the loungeroom, the lightbox, yellow plant stands, circle hanging pots, the sun & cloud cushions and the aqua wire baskets ... there's more I'm sure and I'll post some pics with a house update when S gets more finished.


I don't like cake. Don't lynch me, I just am not a cake person ... other than those little jam fairy cakes you buy packaged in the supermarket and only because they remind me of morning tea with my poppy as a child.


I'm currently addicted to The Originals TV series ... no idea why as I'm terrified of gore and horror movies. Maybe its all the scheming and backstabbing - reminds me of high school :)


I'm not above hissy fits if S provokes me - must be where my boys get it from.


I let E get away with eating two apples and half a cheese omelette for dinner last night after a week of failed dinner negotiations.


I'm addicted to communicating with emojis ... sometimes entire messages of just emojis. Yep, I'm one of those annoying people.


I ate a bag (a big one) of burger rings for lunch yesterday!


I haven't traced, streamlined or rolled my Super into one... this is a job before June 30 - doable?


But you know what? 
I'm a really great mumma to E and C and a really great wife to S.
I'm not perfect but they don't need perfect, 
they just need me, imperfections and all.

What are your confessions to a less than perfect life ...


You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: