I confess ...

12:03

My ongoing confessions to a not so perfect life:

I love Wednesday nights! S is at soccer and if I get the boys down early, I have the lounge to myself, total control of the remotes and netflix and I don't have to make conversation. Dinner is also optional and ice cream or popcorn are totally acceptable.

I am hanging out for October and the start of The Originals and Vampire Diaries new season. Sad but true... my viewing taste is pretty trashy at best.

Domestos is one of my all time favourite cleaning products. Just squirt it around, leave it and come back later to wash off. It gets everything sparkling with no effort, whats not to love?

My assistant and I are having McDonalds for lunch today ... we've been totally sucked in by the start of the Monopoly promo. But beware, they have totally limited what you collect tickets on now - sneaky!

I still climb into the cot to settle my 1 year old if necessary. It works, keeps him quiet (and from waking the toddler) and gets us all sleep. And it keeps him out of our bed - important as the 3 year old often ends up in there by morning so despite being a King, it gets cramped.

I hide money from S ... not big sums but just a little here and there to shop without judgement. He wouldn't care if I bought something/anything but sometimes its nice to buy knowing you never need to have a conversation about it. I also fund a lot of purchases by selling my old things I don't need or wear anymore so I don't feel the need to share this income stream ;)

My 1 year old is totally being bribed by blueberries at the moment... to have him sit in his highchair or at the table, to eat another bite of dinner, to stop crying, to get in the bath... I'm totally not above bribery with food, I'm just lucky his preferred crack is blueberries and not smarties. 

I grate zucchini and add it to the pizza sauce I put on the boys' homemade pizzas. Much easier than negotiating with a 3 year old to actually knowingly eat zucchini.

I bought a pair of nude shoes on sale 2 months ago ... because they were on sale. To tell the truth, I'm yet to even cut the tags off and I suspect I bought a size too small. I told you I'm a shopaholic.

My favourite phrase to the baby this past week has been 'where's daddy, go find daddy' in an excited encouraging tone so that he toddles off looking for daddy instead of sitting at my feet shrieking & crying to be picked up because I'm 'muuuuummmmmaaaaa'.



But you know what? 
I'm a really great mumma to E and C and a really great wife to S.
I'm not perfect but they don't need perfect, 
they just need me, imperfections and all.

What are your confessions to a less than perfect life ...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: