I confess ...

08:21

My ongoing confessions to a not so perfect life:

I don't blow dry my hair ... ever! Ain't no one got time for that with 2 little boys to get out the door ... make that 3 (the husband). Plus I have no idea how to other than wave the dryer around in my hair. The only time my hair ever gets a blow dry is when I finally get to the hairdresser.

Christmas 2013 

I'm definitely going to try and break out the Christmas decorations and maybe even our tree this weekend - S will pay lip service to it being to early but he won't stop me. I live for this time of year and am happy to follow a slightly delayed retail calendar when it comes to decorating. #itsthemostwonderfultimeoftheyear

The KFC $5 lunch box is back and we have an outlet within walking distance to work... you do the math.

I quite enjoyed S being in Europe for 10 days last month  ... I liked drinking my wine in peace once the dinner/bath/bedtime battle was won and eating stir fried veg or ice cream and popcorn for dinner.

I spent my last night before he came home on a Pitch Perfect 1 & 2 marathon ... it was a toss up between that and Harry Potter.

I've put on weight. I'm noticing it around my midsection mostly and I need to do something about it but I don't feel strongly enough to cut out the likely culprits - I'm looking at you Boatshed Bay and cheese.

The boys have been eating dry cereal for breakfast ... and fruit, but dry cereal, winning at the mum thing and providing my boys nourishing balanced meals clearly! Throwing out a fresh omelette/french toast/porridge for the 100th 10,000th time had me drawing a line and dry cereal it is. Plus side, its easier to clean up.


S had gut pain last night and I found it impossible to muster sympathy with his tossing and moaning and dramatic acting. He's a bit of a drama queen at the best of times and I've already used up my Florence Nightingale quota on a bout of man flu earlier this year.

I hide in the laundry (like actually hide behind the fridge not just stand in there) when I hear bath time coming to an end so I don't have to wrangle pajamas and the overtired 18m old for an extra few minutes. Usually I have a glass of wine in hand.

I play Candy Crush ... but I don't send invitations to my friends, I don't want them to know I play.

I set up an online gambling account to bet on the Melbourne Cup. Going to the TAB was just too much effort and it would be un-Australian not to have had a flutter. Despite a near perfect two decade first place record, I bombed this year.

Annabel Karmel toddler freezer meals get served regularly in our house ... and they are scoffed quicker than almost anything I cook. Mumma's get on to them, especially when they're half price.

I've struggled a little with post natal depression since having C and have days where I find it really hard to feel happy or joyful at all. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by some wonderful people though and a caring husband who support and help me - some without even realising.


But you know what? 
I'm a really great mumma to E and C and a really great wife to S.
I'm not perfect but they don't need perfect, 
they just need me, imperfections and all.

What are your confessions to a less than perfect life ...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm addicted to tumble drying. Why iron when you can tumble dry?

    Cheese, ham and tomato toasties are a well balanced mid week dinner.

    And there are plenty more where they came from...

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete

You may remember me as: