Home decorating

14:31


Between the boys and our house, I have my shopping opportunities cut out for me... much to my poor husband's irritation.

We have so much renovation to do and lots still to finish but that doesn't stop me buying pieces to display either now or that fit with my vision for a future room (like our completed bedroom someday).

Kmart is certainly enabling plenty of purchases lately with their homewares and I only wish I was more creative to undertake some of the hacks floating around on the interwebs!

Here are a few of my buys the past month:



Home purchases

Tokyo skyline watercolour print from Etsy . S and I honeymooned in Japan (during the earthquake of 2011) and fell in love with the people and place so it holds some very special memories for us.

Kmart light box - at only $19 with other brands selling for $60+, it was a no brainer.

Adairs Beckett quilt from Adairs - it was half price on sale and I love that is quilted with the option of inserting your doona making it ideal for Queensland weather where its too hot to sleep with a doona for much of the year but cold enough in Winter to need a doona and extra layer. S loves that its not at all girly and I like neutral grays with pops of aqua and yellow.

Target yellow sheets from Target, to match the new quilt of course! Only $40 for a king set, these are really bright (which I love) and surprisingly super soft.

Cambridge bedhead from Spotlight. We got rid of our old low chocolate leather bedhead frame when we moved as I wanted an entirely new look and colour scheme with an upholstered bedhead. I picked this one up on sale for around $200 and I'm really happy with it.

Kmart plant stands - just $5 each and in a bright cheerful yellow, I bought 2 for either our front porch or the master bedroom if it ties in with the Beckett quilt.

Kmart copper basket x2 - they were only $12 each and like everyone else around, I am loving copper/rose gold. I'm not quite sure where these will end up just yet ... possibly the lounge room but until we get the colours right in there, they will stay stored.

Kmart circle hanging pot x2 - another $12 buy, these were near impossible to track down but are so pretty in person and totally worth the effort. We have one having in the bathroom with a chain of hearts fern and I have one stored for either the kitchen or master bedroom.

The black round shelf is from Target and I'm pretty sure its on sale from today but at only $30, I'm still happy with it. Easy to mount (I got sick of waiting on S so did it myself), it fits perfectly on a small wall in our dining and is perfect for the knick knacks I picked up in the Country Road mid year clearance (below).

Concrete tray, copper bud vase, wooden trivet and small canister all from Country Road for under $14 each. More dust collectors according to S but perfect for decorating around the home.

Hydrangeas - my father in law is a landscaper and knows I have wanted my own hydrangeas since forever but we never lived anywhere suitable for them (enough shade/shelter) so imagine my delight when he showed up bearing two plants he had chosen for me. He then potted them and checks up on them weekly - he knows better than leaving them to my mercy.

Any other places I should be scouting out for pieces? I can't wait till the walls are finished (painted) so I can buy this banner and some mirrors and the like.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you so much for the heads up re Spotlight and their bedheads! I need to find one for when we move and it's a great piece at a great price.

    I need to find a kitchen island... have no idea where to start but will check in if I find anything.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete

You may remember me as: