Christmas shopping

11:32

Little early to be posting about Christmas you say? Not really given it's less than 22 weeks away until Christmas Eve and the toy sales are already well underway if not almost over. If you're a long time reader here, you also know that I'm big on lists and organisations so I like to get a jump on Christmas and add slowly over a few months than suffer the mad last minute scramble.


So far for our 3 nieces each I have:
  • Frozen DVD for the 2 youngest and Toy Story series for the eldest along with a Jessie figure
  • Disney Princess Barbie doll - Belle, Ariel and Cinderella
  • Doc McStuffins doctors kits for the 2 older girls
  • Giant Mr Potato Head Safari set each - E got one last year and it's been a favourite toy since
  • A Mocka Moova pram for the littlest one - these are beautiful wooden prams at a great price http://www.mocka.com.au/mocka-moova.html
  • A Sooki dress and playsuit for each - did you catch the last flash sale? Some great bargains to be had and I stocked up for the boys too.


For E
  • Fisher Price Thomas Island of Sodor train table - it was on clearance at Target and I know my mum has a whole lot of Thomas trains put away for him.
  • A large wooden Thomas engine & track set
  • Disney Cars movie F&P Wheelies Mack Truck
  • Duplo Disney Planes set and mats

For C - probably the hardest to buy for given we have an overflow of toys and clothes so there is not much he needs
  • His only toy - a F&P cash register set (its about the only thing E has never been given)
  • Skip Hop Backpack & Lunchie - we use Ethan's set every day so I know its a practical gift
  • Charley Bear merchandise - books, onesie/pajamas 
  • Wedgewood my first Christmas ornament 
  • Some Mem Fox books

For the boys to share
  • Frozen DVD
  • Mocka Union Jack teepee

I've also got S sorted and just need to figure out my parents, in-laws, my little brother and something small for my sister.

No doubt I will pick up some bits and bobs between now and Christmas, especially stocking stuffers for the boys but its nice to have the main gifts out of the way and done. I have tried to limit toys for the boys this year as I know they are getting an enormous amount of gifts from family (the plus and minus of having a close large family) and a swing set from their grandparents. I do still want to put together a Christmas Eve box for the boys with special pajamas, a Christmas book etc but as we do Christmas Eve at my in-laws, it might be a waste.

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet or are you a Christmas Eve shopper?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: