I confess...

10:53

My ongoing confessions to a not so perfect life:

 I can't whistle, cartwheel or hula hoop. I'm as uncoordinated as they come in this regard.


I don't do floors ... As in I give them the occasional vacuum but never wash them. It's S' inside job and as I tell him, he wields that steam mop so much better than I do.


I can't stand pumpkin! Pumpkin soup, steamed, mashed ... Any which way, I hate it. Sad to say that since the days of purée, E rarely has it now too so I must rectify this.

As much as I love my boys, somedays the best part of my day is when the two little ones are sleeping and S is out. The peace, the quiet... I can just switch off and 'be' for at least sixty minutes. And better yet, if it's after 5pm, with a glass of wine.

I match the boys' outfits. I think it's cute much to my sister's disgust and figure I have only a limited window to do this.

I sometimes let a frying pan sit for two days 'soaking' because I just couldn't be bothered cleaning it.

I'm not above opening a yoghurt, packet of biscuits, cheese in the supermarket and giving it to E if it allows me to get the groceries done and spares everyone one of his full blown meltdowns.

I accidentally scanned my bananas at the self checkout this morning as regular bananas... Naughty as I only buy lady finger bananas - because I don't eat them so figure I can splurge on the yummiest ones for E plus the smaller size means they are rarely wasted.

I pick my battles ... If E won't eat his dinner, I give it 15mins then dump it in the bin and don't offer E anything else. He then gets his bedtime milk and nothing else before bed. S tells me I'm starving our toddler but to be fair, he usually gets 4 -5 options on his plate including a fruit so I don't think it's overly harsh and he will eat when he is hungry.

Baby C is learning to self settle much more quickly than E ever did (strike that, E still doesn't self settle). There are times when the toddler can't be left to his own devices and I only have so many hands. 

But you know what? 
I'm a really great mumma to E and C and a really great wife to S.
I'm not perfect but they don't need perfect, 
they just need me, imperfections and all.

What are your confessions to a less than perfect life ...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Not a big pumpkin fan. Can't whistle or hula hoop. Partial to extended soaking of pans. Love dressing my boys to match. I only brush their teeth once a day! I secretly like them coming into my bed for cuddles in the middle of the night. Love them most when they're sleeping. Guilty of threatening without follow up on occasion. ..I could write a book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! Nice to know I'm not alone on these and I can match a few of yours! :) x

    ReplyDelete

You may remember me as: