I confess...

12:51

A new update in my series to prove bloggers, instagrammers, facebook users, tweeters ... have less than perfect lives despite accusations of only sharing the perfect moments of their lives. Here goes with my ongoing confessions to a not so perfect life:

This week one load of washing was 'washed' three times and 'rinsed' twice before it got hung out - in fairness 2 washes and a rinse were because S decided to be helpful and put my orangey red scarf in with the blacks. Cue red fibres on everything!

I have a pile of bedding (quilts, pillows, throws etc) sitting in our entry hall waiting to be vac-bagged and put away. I will get around to this one day... or maybe one week is more accurate.

I would happily eat mac & cheese every night because a) I like it, b) I couldn't be bothered thinking of what else to cook.

I gave E a cup of lite milk with his breakfast one day this week ... we ran out of the whole milk he normally has and I couldn't get to the shops till later.

I bought overripe bananas to bake with then forgot about them/never got around to it then insisted S use them and bake muffins while I was at work even though a) he has never EVER baked anything b) I didn't even have a recipe ... I told him to google. Luckily he humours me when pregnant and went ahead and baked banana sultana muffins - hooray, someone else in the house to make the sweets.

I pretend to pour drops of my drink (juice, soft drink etc) into E's cup to avoid tantrums.

I used pregnancy to get out of a dinner invite but insisted S go ... and I'm excited for a quiet night in and microwave popcorn for dinner ...once I get E down for bed of course.

I adore my boy and my husband more than anything and value every second I have with them but right now my idea of heaven is a weekend at a hotel on my own ... This may be because B2 and the soon to be realitity of two under two is getting closer and closer.


Sometimes I cry when E won't stop and is having a toddler tantrum ... And strangely, this will stop him crying and he will come sit on my lap and cuddle.

I waver between excitement for B2 joining our family and total abject fear of another baby with silent reflux.

I ate store bought pizza and a slice of chocolate Bavarian for dinner tonight...and it was delicious!

That's just a few  in the interests of 'keeping it real'.

But you know what? 
I'm a really great mumma to E and a really great wife to S.
I'm not perfect but they don't need perfect, 
they just need me, imperfections and all.

What are your confessions to a less than perfect life ...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: