Pregnancy update: 22 weeks

11:44

How far along? 22 weeks already ... only a maximum of 18 weeks to go and possibly as little as 16. The end is in sight! 



Maternity clothes? I haven't been wearing any mat clothes this week but realised my wardrobe is severely lacking in suitable tops for this pregnancy so I've bought a couple of Isabella Oliver tops to see me through. They come highly recommended from friends for their quality and are also bf friendly.

Stretchmarks? None... my magic cream is working thus far..

Symptoms: Just the usual tiredness and heartburn but its to be expected I guess. The doctor has ordered some bloods this week to check all levels to be sure the ongoing exhaustion is nothing more than running around after an active toddler while pregnant. 

Sleep: last night I had a solid 9 hour sleep and for the first time in forever, I woke up feeling rested and well rather than as  though I hadn't slept at all.

Miss Anything? I have thoughts of Camembert and Brie in my head constantly not to mention a craving for a McDonalds chocolate sundae - no kidding, I never eat these but they were all I could think of when pregnant with E and I ate them every night for a week after he was born and haven't since.

Movement: baby still feels really low but my bump is high with lots of rolling movement and hiccups ... loving every little flutter.


Best moment this week: celebrating my littlest niece's first birthday was a big highlight with family and friends gathered to share the event. I also enjoyed unpacking some of our baby gear and some new pieces in preparation for B2. My nesting instincts also enjoyed getting Ethan's big boy room set up (future post to come) and B2's room cleared out bar nursery furniture but keeping the baby room relatively basic given we don't know the sex. 

Worst moment this week: no worst moment this week because really, what is there to complain about when you're on holidays with your boys and the sun is shining!

Food cravings: I still have minimal interest in food with it all seeming such a chore but when I do have cravings, its for cola drinks and fresh vegetables/salads. 


Anything making you queasy or sick: red meat is still a culprit so I've been steering clear.

Have you started to show yet: Definitely a baby bump now and quite high and seemingly wider than  last time more than out front.

Belly Button in or out? It can't seem to make up its mind lately and I'm definitely thinking it could pop ... can anyone tell me, does it go back in?

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, excited and a little bit shocked at how quickly its all passing.

Looking forward to: My Obstetrician's appointment is this week so I'm looking forward to a checkup, seeing baby on the scan and  learning a little more about the flagged kidney issue.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: