Keeping busy

15:09

We've been shopping up a storm:

Now that's what I call Disney 4 disc boxset
Target festive mason jar sippy
Target dinosaur shaped sandwich cutter - only $3 and the perfect simple way to make sandwiches lots of fun.
More Christmas decorations - got to love 40% off at Target and Myer.


Making Christmas presents - personalised gifts for the ILs from Snapfish. With a 60% off code last week these were all of $10! The perfect stocking stuffers.


Christmas baking! I had to make something to share for Ethan's daycare Christmas party and conscious of egg allergies/intolerance's, I decided to use a cookie recipe that didn't require egg. With only 4 ingredients, these should have been simple but thanks to the sweltering humidity here and the copious amount of butter included, I had to refrigerate the dough in batches for at least an hour before use and roll out with my trusty Tupperware rolling pin (filled with ice water) between grease proof paper. It was a fiddly nightmare and I still have two batches of dough in the freezer as I simply couldn't face working with more of it at the time. Don't even ask what happened to the green icing that should have been included!





Decorating the office and collecting gifts for our charity present drive. I'm beyond thrilled with the support so far and I love knowing that we are helping those who need it most right now. Without doubt, giving is the best part of Christmas.

Making delicious salads with the perfect summer ingredient - pomegranate! Fresh and yummy, this one is just leaves, fennel, spring onion and mint with pomegranate, haloumi and a squeeze of lemon. Simple and refreshing, this salad is a big hit with everyone we've ever served it up to - including my dad who thinks salad should only contain lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber and cheese!




Christmas Carols! I'll say it again - Its the most wonderful time of the year! We headed along to the Mayor's carols with my sister, her family and some friends. We all bought along nibbles and blankets and enjoyed a festive night singing all the favourites. Ethan was in heaven with all the music and was on his best behaviour bopping along to Jingle Bell Rock.




Painting and swimming. We broke out the finger paints for the first time and E was a bit bewildered with it all and not too sure about the messy hands. We followed up with some swimming at granddads which is always a big hit!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: