Pregnancy update: 7 weeks

15:14

How far along? 7 weeks (I'm 11 weeks now for reference but couldn't share these previously).

Total weight gain/loss: I don't plan to weigh myself unless necessary as my Ob advised it has no benefit unless they are concerned from a medical perspective about the growth of bub or effect of morning sickness.


Maternity clothes? Just my normal wardrobe but favouring pieces with a stretchy waist or maxi dresses which works because the weather is really warming up here. 

Stretch marks? nil ... waiting on my magic Mothercare cream from Singapore so just using good old sorbolene in the meantime!

Symptoms: morning sickness is knocking me around most days and while I haven't really been vomiting  that overwhelming nauseous feeling isn't much better. I'm a lot more sensitive to smells this week too ... some of Ethan's organic cheese crackers made me wretch packing his lunch.


Sleep: Its been hard to settle and get comfortable this week - I'm a tummy sleeper normally and its just not comfortable lately. Also, the night-weaning is a bit of a battle with E cutting eye teeth but we have him out of our bed (touch wood) which is an improvement. We are transitioning him to a single bed because he hates his cot anyway and this way  we can pop B2 in his cot rather than buy another cot.

Best moment this week: Realising that our little family is growing and how blessed we are to have this opportunity. 


Have you told family and friends: Family and E's godfather only at this stage and will share with a few others after our 8 week scan possibly if all is looking good.

Miss Anything? Definitely a ice cold sav blanc at the end of the day or a cold Sapporo on a Sunday afternoon with S. I'm missing fetta too - I'm being very cautious with everything for the first 12 weeks as I was with E and will likely abstain from the recommended cheeses for the duration given recent listeria outbreaks in Australia.


Movement: Too early for that other than a little cramping.


Food cravings: Fruit in the mornings - I was the same with E
.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Like last week, just being alive is making me feel queasy and sick come 9am every morning and I'm reacting to smells now too.



Have you started to show yet: I don't think so.

Baby is a: A surprise! I think its a girl but that could be my 'want' talking. Truly, I'd be so very happy with another little guy too though. 

Belly Button in or out? An innie.


Wedding rings on or off? On.


Happy or Moody most of the time: Maybe a little tearier than normal and tired but happy.


Looking forward to: Our first scan next week - that magical moment where you see and hear this precious little being for the first time. Not sure whether we will take E to this one or wait for the 12 or 20 week scan.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: