Pregnancy update: 9 weeks

15:17

How far along? 9 weeks - we had our scan last week and all was spot on so that's positive. We took E with us and I don't think we will again... the room is not equipped for an active little boy and he was in a cranky mood and only wanted mummy so all in all it was a little distracting.

Total weight gain/loss: see previous posts - no weighing.


Maternity clothes? Still in my usual wardrobe but not liking the way things are sitting at the moment - I'm at that 'is she fat or pregnant' stage. 

Stretch marks? hoping for none again this time around.

Symptoms: still feeling queasy and sensitive to smells around the clock but Elevit morning sickness tablets are helping if I take them first thing.


Sleep: I forgot how annoying it was to need to go to the bathroom all the time and the urge to pee is waking me up constantly. I also can't seem to sleep past 6am.

Best moment this week: Seeing our teeny tiny baby on the big screen and hearing all is progressing well. 


Have you told family and friends: We told a few close friends after the scan but no announcement yet - I have a fun idea for that.

Miss Anything? WINE! I miss my sav blanc so bad ... and fetta in my salads.


Movement: This is a while away I expect but apparently you feel it sooner the second time.


Food cravings: Same as last week ... Fresh - fruit and vegetables especially or gelati type ice creams like Baskin Robbins sunset 
sherbet. Frozen fruit - Coles pineapple on sticks, Sara Lee tropical fruit salad, frozen berries ... I'm not fussy. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: my usual morning coffee milk is gone from the routine. I also had a pretty nasty 'blinding' headache this week that ends with tingles and numbness in one side of my body (including lips, tongue, top of my mouth even) ... I had these with E and the Ob believed they were part of the pre-eclampsia plus my BP was up this week so fingers crossed they don't become a regular part of this pregnancy.



Have you started to show yet: I don't think so.

Baby is a: A surprise!  

Belly Button in or out? An innie.


Wedding rings on or off? On.


Happy or Moody most of the time: feeling emotional more often. I look at E and just get overwhelmed by how much I love him and how perfect he is and how lucky we are to be having another baby.


Looking forward to: The 12 week mark so I can start posting these to my page and share our 'announcement'. Oops ... broke a little early and shared at almost 11 weeks instead.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: