The Husband Survey

12:08

I posted this years ago on my old blog and thought it would be funny to do it again now, a few years into marriage...
How long have you been together: heading into 6 years

How old is he? closer to 40 than 30 now... he is 38, turning 39 in December

Who said I love you first? He did, he's the romantic one.

Who eats more? Definitely him... I eat super slow and usually end up full half way through a meal.

Who is taller? S is taller but that's no surprise, I'm shorter than everyone pretty much.

Whose temper is worse? We're pretty evenly matched on that one although I'm a bit more controlled yet more likely to fly off the handle about the small things.

Who does the laundry? Me! Would you really trust a guy to separate, handwash silk and run a delicate cycle? The clothes also tend to get forgotten about if he sets a load.

Who sings better? Neither of us, its definitely not a talent we have so I can only pity poor E and B2 for having to listen to our lullabies.

Who is smarter? Again, I'd say we are pretty evenly matched on this which makes for some pretty lively debates in our home.

Who does the dishes? mostly S has to do them as I do the cooking - our rule is the cook doesn't clean. Although sometimes he leaves them for a night and it drives me mad. I also like to use the dishwasher but if I do then I need to be the one to pack and unpack it.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me, apparently the left side is the only side S can sleep on... rubbish but it doesn't bother me either way.

Who pays the bills? I mostly leave it to S to take care of the household ones.

Who mows the lawn? Either S or our neighbour's son if he needs pocket money.

Who cooks dinner? mostly me but S does at least 2 nights a week and has become pretty proficient in the kitchen. We both hate having to actually think of what to cook.

Who drives when you are together? S, because we fight as I am a maniac, a racecar driver and a tailgater according to him. Its easier to let him do it and it means I can always have that extra glass of wine - when I'm not pregnant :)

Who is more stubborn? Both of us are very very stubborn people but we are getting better at managing this. We see a lot of our stubbornness in E so that's karma I guess.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Usually S ... I guess this means I am more stubborn?

Whose parents do you see the most? Mine... I try to keep it pretty even but we live across the road from my parents so there is really no beating that.

Who has more friends? we are about on par by now as friends fall away and shift after marriage, children etc and you make new ones... his longstanding ones have gone the distance a little better than some of mine.

Who has more siblings? Me, I have 3 to his 1.

Was it love at first sight? Looking back now, I'd have to say yes. And on a sappy note, I can say I never knew just how much I loved him until I saw how much he loved E and what a truly amazing father he is.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: