Pregnancy update: 12 weeks

10:19

How far along? 12 weeks - baby is the size of a peach with vocal cords forming.


Total weight gain/loss: probably a kg but no real idea.

Maternity clothes? No maternity specific wear yet but my wardrobe choices are definitely shrinking and I have to pick stretchier options now. 

Stretch marks? Mother in law is back with my Mothercare stretchmark cream ... all the way from Singapore! I adore this stuff for its smell, texture and of course for the fact that it kept SMs at bay last time.

Symptoms: tired, so very tired but not sick or queasy anymore and my skin is finally clearing up after an awful break out, the likes of which I haven't had for years.


Sleep: I am averaging 8 hours a night with some wacky dramatic dreams thrown in and I'm managing to avoid getting up to pee a million times by avoiding water in the lead up to bed time and just holding on (good pelvic floor strengthening I figure) but I'm literally busting come morning wakeup.

Have you told family and friends: We certainly have and as a result, have been told of a few other pregnancies also ... I won't be alone on mat leave!

Miss Anything? Not really other than a good sav blanc at the end of the day.


Movement: Last week I'm sure I felt flutters but I haven't felt that sensation again. I'm looking forward to them starting soon.


Best moment this week: Hearing bub's heart beat racing on the doppler at my midwife checkup. Truly a magical sound.  

Food cravings: Cola, coke, pepsi... I cannot get enough but am trying to limit my daily intake and be sensible
.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm off meat but that's not really surprising. I'm not a big meat eater of any kind at the best of times and my sensitivity to its taste and small seems heightened in pregnancy. Nothing to worry about as my iron levels are excellent thus far.



Have you started to show yet: I am definitely bigger but still at that awkward stage of looking like I ate too much at lunch.

Baby is a: I'm guessing girl but only based on how different the pregnancy has already been so far... its going to be a loooonnnng 6 months to find out :)  

Belly Button in or out? An innie - its really deep and didn't pop last time so I'm not expecting it to this time either.


Wedding rings on or off? On - I'm hoping the swelling and fluid retention from my PE that claimed me last time stays away.


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, so very very happy and blessed that we were given this second little miracle.


Looking forward to: Our 12 week scan is Tuesday so I'm more than a little excited about that!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You may remember me as: